With the Microsoft Advertising integration, you can:
- Attribute calls made on Microsoft Advertising Paid visits to the Ad Groups and Campaigns they were made on.
- Extract Ad Group and Campaign data from Microsoft Advertising to build new reports in Mediahawk.
- Ensure Auto-tagging and Tracking templates are setup for Mediahawk to track correctly.
- Send conversions straight to Microsoft Advertising (similarly to how we can in Google Ads)
Please Note: The integration will not work correctly for customers that have setup a custom Microsoft Advertising source within Mediahawk. To be able to use this integration you will have to remove the URL details within the custom Microsoft Advertising source and this will switch to the generic setup Mediahawk.
If you require assistance with this, please contact Mediahawk @ firstname.lastname@example.org
Login in to your Mediahawk account
Select the Admin Tab from the left sidebar
Then connect next to the Microsoft Ads integration.
You will be connected to your Microsoft Account, Sign in to the Microsoft Ads account you would like Mediahawk to connect with.
Once complete you will be presented with this screen requesting confirmation to allow Mediahawk to manage your Bing Ads campaigns. Select Yes.
Once you click Yes you will be redirected back to your Mediahawk account.
Please note: If you are using a Tracking Template on an AD-Group an error will appear within the tracking template on the Campaign level.
Mediahawk cannot check tracking templates at an AD level, please check that no templates are present at an AD level before proceeding.
Once your account(s) are linked with Microsoft Ads you will be presented with the Microsoft Ads Conversion Screen.
At this stage, your account name should show in the drop down menu, however if this does not appear, Select Add Account next to the drop down menu you will be presented with the Add an account screen.
Select the name of the Microsoft Ads account you want to link to and Click Save.
Mediahawk will now be able to import your Microsoft Ads data into Mediahawk.
You will return to this screen
Mediahawk will now import the Microsoft Ads data from your selected Microsoft Ads account.
Select Check Tracking URL’s on the right (The cloud icon). This will show you all the active Microsoft Ads you have on the selected Microsoft account
Mediahawk allows you to append the Account Level Tracking Template or the individual Campaign straight from the Mediahawk platform. If the Tracking template has the correct parameters we highlight this with a tick in the Valid field, if we are not able to track it then it will have a cross.
The Account Level Tracking template (Microsoft Ads Account Details)
The Account level tracking template is the highest level within Microsoft Ads (setup in the Admin Section). If you do not apply a tracking template to a Campaign, AD Group or an AD then Microsoft Ads uses the Account Level Template instead.
If you would like Mediahawk to automatically append the template for all your tracking templates and to switch on Auto tagging (must be on for Mediahawk to track PPC) then simply tick the Account and the 2 boxes below and click Update Selected we will append the tracking template.
The Campaign Level Tracking template (Microsoft Ads Campaign Details)
The Campaign level tracking can be used to manage the individual Campaign (if you enter any specific tracking here this will not use the Account Level Tracking template)
If you would like Mediahawk to append the template for some or all individual Campaigns then simply tick the box(s) of the tracking templates you would like Mediahawk to append and Click Update Selected.
This will now link allow Mediahawk to import the correct data from your Bing Ads account and Visitors to the Website.
Within the Mediahawk platform you are able to send Conversions directly to your Microsoft Advertising Account.
To Setup a new Conversion Type Click on the Create Conversion Type on the top right.
You will be presented with this screen
- Conversion Name – This can be anything, in the example we have used Mediahawk Offline Calls. You could use an existing Conversion Name setup. Please Note: Conversion type source must be “Offline Conversions”, no other sources will allow the import. After you create a conversion type, Microsoft Advertising requires up to 2 hours before it starts accepting the conversion data.
- Events to trigger - Ads conversions triggered by calls to dynamic number, CTA or a custom selection
- Call Categories - When this selection is made, call conversions that are categorized with your chosen categories will be sent. This only applies to selections on Dynamics URLs and Pools.
Once you click Save we will create the new conversion Name in Microsoft Advertising (if you are not using an existing Conversion Name).